Hormones control a wide range of physiological reactions in the body such as energy production, reproduction, muscles growth and mood. Hormones play a role in building new muscle tissues as well as burning fat. Therefore it is important to understand which hormones are released during exercise. The CrossFit-Access panel provides an insight into key performance hormones including:
– Testosterone: Male sex hormone that is responsible for bone and muscle strength, as well as energy and sexual function. Testosterone is produced in the body in response to exercise, in particular progressive strength training.
– Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: Sex Hormones circulate in the blood bound to SHBG, which means they are unavailable to your cells. Measuring this hormone provides information about SHBG levels that are available for use. High levels indicates that there is less concentration of testosterone available for use whereas low levels may indicate an excess of these hormones.
– Cortisol: A steroid hormone that is released by the adrenal glans in response to stress, trauma, infection, obesity and exercise. Cortisol is released in a daily pattern, peaking in early morning and declining in the evening. Cortisol supports energy metabolism during long periods of exercise by breaking down triglycerides and protein to produce glucose necessary to fuel muscles.
– DHEAS: This Hormone is responsible for male characteristics in men. High levels in males and female may indicate Cushing’s disease (overproduction of cortisol) as well as suggestive of adrenal tumor. High levels are also seen in individuals on DHEAS supplements. Low levels may indicate adrenal abnormality and males may experience low sex drive and fertility problems.
Active members of CrossFit Access club.
- Testosterone (Total)
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Cortisol (Serum)
No preparation required prior to sample collection.
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
3 Business Days
Getting a blood test couldn’t be easier.
Select & Order a Test
It’s very simple, Select the test you want from our wide range of specialist blood tests. You will find everything you need to know about your test, turnaround time and how many tests included in each package.
Print Lab’s Order Form
Once the purchase completed, we will then email you the lab order form. Simply print the form and take it to a collection centre near you. We have more than 1,000 collection centre nationwide.
Get Your Results Online
Once the test(s) completed, we will upload it to your dashboard and email it to you.