A healthy body keeps you energetic, and at a low risk of diseases based on the choices you make about your daily habits. Health is affected by many factors such as age, diet, and family history. Therefore it is important to have regular health check-ups to ensure vital body organs are working properly. The Health and Wellness package is designed specifically for the CrossFit-Access club to provide members with an insight into a wide range of core health and performance markers that can be monitored overtime including:
– Creatine Kinase (CK): This test is ordered to determine if muscles in the body have been damaged either by injury or post exercise.
– Fats and Sugar Levels (Cholesterol, Glucose and Triglycerides): This panel tests for Cholesterol, Glucose and Triglycerides as high levels may increase the risk of diabetes, heart attack or stroke.
– Proteins (Total Protein, Albumin and Globulin): Proteins are important for body growth and health, as they are the building blocks of muscles cells and tissues. Low protein levels can be caused by malnutrition, kidney or liver disease.
– Minerals for Bone Health (Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphate): Calcium and Phosphate are important for the development and healing of teeth and bones, muscle contraction, healing of wounds, and heart function. Magnesium is mineral that is vital to energy production, muscle contraction and maintenance of strong bones. Most Magnesium in the body comes from dietary sources and low levels cause can muscle cramps, particularly during exercise.
– Liver Function Tests are used to detect liver inflammation, infection, and liver disease. These tests are Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT), Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP), Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST), Total Bilirubin, and Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT).
– Kidney Function screen is ordered to assess the overall status of the kidney. Creatinine and Urea are waste products produced when proteins is metabolised by the body. High levels are caused by dehydration, high protein diet, or may indicate that the kidneys are not working properly.
– High Sensitivity CRP test is used to detect low-level inflammation which may damage blood vessels which can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
– Electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium and Chloride): This panel measures the levels of electrolytes as they regulate water balance in the body as well as the function of muscles and nerves. High levels of sodium are often caused by dehydration and low levels are caused by diarrhoea and vomiting.
– Pancreatic Enzymes (Amylase & Lipase): These enzymes are made by the pancreas and released into the digestive tract to digest starch and fatty food. These tests are ordered to diagnose acute pancreatitis ( inflammation of the pancreas).
– Iron Screen: Low irons result means that an individual is anaemic or suffering from gastro-intestinal blood loss. Measuring ferritin can provide a good indication of the amount of iron stores in the body.Low levels of ferritin can indicate anaemia which can be caused by prolonged bleeding, poor absorption of iron or low iron diet.
– Insulin: A hormone that is produce by pancreas following a meal to remove sugar from the blood and store it in cells for future energy use. Raised insulin levels can be a sign of insulin-resistance which is a pre-diabetic condition.
Active members of CrossFit Access Club to check essential health and fitness markers.
- Glucose (Serum)
- Kidney Function (UEC)
- Liver Function Screen
- Total Protein
- Magnesium (serum)
- Calcium (serum)
- Phosphate (serum)
- Iron Studies
- HDL - Cholesterol
- C-Reactive Protein (High Sensitivity)
- Creatine Kinase (CK)
- Amylase (serum)
Fasting is required for 10 - 12 hours prior to sample collection.
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
3 Business Days
Getting a blood test couldn’t be easier.
Select & Order a Test
It’s very simple, Select the test you want from our wide range of specialist blood tests. You will find everything you need to know about your test, turnaround time and how many tests included in each package.
Print Lab’s Order Form
Once the purchase completed, we will then email you the lab order form. Simply print the form and take it to a collection centre near you. We have more than 1,000 collection centre nationwide.
Get Your Results Online
Once the test(s) completed, we will upload it to your dashboard and email it to you.